Wednesday, February 18, 2015

50 Shades of a Great Movie!!!

Like plenty of others I ventured out this past weekend to see the 50 Shades of Grey movie. I had actually read this when it was only a fanfiction from Twilight so obviously I'm a fan. I own and have read multiple times the books so I was excited that they were going to make a movie adaptation.


I went into the theater hoping it would be good but I didn't have super high expectations for a couple reasons. The first reason I was slightly apprehensive was because a lot of times they take a good book and butcher it in the movie leaving out a lot of good stuff and changing things they should have left alone. Another reason is that when you read a book you obviously form some thoughts of what the characters will look like and well Jamie Dornan just didn't fit my thoughts of Mr. Grey. Don't get me wrong he is very attractive and goodness his real life accent is Delicious but he just wasn't very stern and solemn looking like I thought Christian should have been.

Okay now that I've told you why I wasn't expecting much let me tell you why I was WRONG. Yep you read that correctly I was totally wrong because both Jamie and Dakota did a wonderful job. There was obviously lots of sexy time in this movie but I thought that everything was pretty tasteful (or as tasteful as you can get in a BDSM movie). There was quite a bit of humor in the movie and I liked the play of the characters. We went on Friday the 13th and the theater was pretty packed but not too bad. The first boob shot got lots of giggling and snickers, which I thought was ridiculous I mean seriously who let the 12 year old boys in the movie? They are just boobs people so get a grip. There was also a lot of commotion when we see Mr. Grey's butt the first time - I can understand that though because it was a very nice rear. :) I very much enjoyed the way these two portrayed Christian and Anastasia. They certainly won me over. I can't wait until the next movie because although I liked all three books the first wasn't my favorite of them.

No comments: