Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Just Between Friends

Twice every year in my area I participate in a kids consignment sale. It's that time of year again and all weekend I've been driving myself nuts getting everything ready for the sale. It's a lot of work to gather, clean, price and tag everything before taking it to the sale. I'm hoping that this sale is just as successful as the last and I can get a nice check for all of the stuff that's been cluttering up my house! Zilla is not so much a fan of getting rid of his stuff but eventually he'll understand that I'm not going to keep buying him stuff (or let others do so) if he can't clear out space! So wish me all kinds of luck in getting rid of the car load!!

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Good luck, I wish I had your energy. I have years of stuff that I look at every day and say ... how do I get rid of this stuff. My son (who unlike yours, is an adult) looks at all of our stuff and all he can imagine is what will he do with it when we are gone. You are wise to routinely clear out ... take it from someone who knows :)

Andrea @ FRom The Sol;

Tiffany said...

Thanks Andrea and I'm trying really hard to get rid of the Pre-Hoarding thing he's got going on cause it drives me batty! He would keep everything if I let him. I'm not perfect at it (I love to read so I have plenty of books) but I clean out all the time -his stuff and mine- not just in the Spring! I think it helps that I'm just not very sentimental so I don't get attached to items very easily so I can let things go without much thought.

Unknown said...

Good luck at the sale! I LOVE love love these sales. I consigned in the one near us in Alabama and now in Korea my best friend has started one here that I volunteer at. It's good to sell all the old and use that money to buy for the next season!

Tiffany said...

Megan - Thanks and I do enjoy getting the check when it's done but mainly I'm just happy to get the stuff out of my house!! My mom loves to year sale so Zilla is constantly getting new toys and it makes me crazy cause he doesn't like to get rid of anything. I'm glad that you have the opportunity to have one so far from home.