Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday Tips

On my first day back to blogging after a long hiatus I've decided to start a weekly Tuesday Tips post. Each week I plan to share a tip I found in a book, online or just somewhere I've read that either helps me or would be a good idea to keep in your little bag of tricks!

I've noticed over the last year or so that I've let my normal organization go a little bit and I really need to fix that so here's our tip for today:

Sort items using a five-box method. Have five boxes with the labels: Keep, Toss, Give away, Donate and Trash. When figuring out whether to keep or toss an item, don't ask yourself if an item has any value or if you’ll need it some time, because answer will probably be yes. They say that instead ask yourself “Does this item have enough value? Will this get in the way of finding more important items?” because that will likely be a different answer!

No comments: