Sunday, January 24, 2010

I was Hacked!

Yesterday I was hacked. I'm not sure if this should impress me that they managed to figure out my password or make me want to giggle because of what they chose to actually do when they hacked into my e-mail. The person who hacked my e-mail decided that they were going to get onto Yahoo IM and send my SIL an instant message saying that "i" was being held hostage in London I think and that I needed her to get me some money - I know dumb right? She of course was like WTF and told the person that I'd never been to London and why on earth when being held hostage I would go onto yahoo im to look for help. I agree with this I would think texting to save my life would be quicker lol. They did also manage to get into my facebook account as well (at least I think so) and do something to get my account disabled - I e-mailed them and hopefully they can fix it.

I mean really your gonna hack into my e-mail and then IM my family and mess around on facebook? Must me a bored teenager. Wish they would have left facebook alone and went after my myspace i don't ever go there. Oh well I Guess it was about time to change out passwords anyway. Life is always fun around here thats for sure.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

I know why you were hacked. Chances are your password was one of the top ones to hack and crack and it was found through facebook. In fact it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they hacked your facebook account FIRST and then your email. Anyways, read up girly:

Why you're easy to hack and how to change that

Hope that helps a bit

~Autumn

Tiffany said...

I'm happy to say that although my password could have been safer - as in longer or with numbers or characters - it was in fact not one of the most common used passwords or even something easily guessed. It wouldn't have made sense to anyone but me so I'm guessing that it was a total fluke or maybe a program that did it. It is possible that they did facebook and then my e-mail but who knows. I'm not too worried about it. I just don't get why hack something and then send out dumb IM's and e-mails about me being kidnapped or mugged in another Country when obviously my family and friends wouldn't buy that. It's retarded. Oh well

Hippie Mama Kelly said...

I had a friend's facebook account get hacked last weekend. They got on chat and told me that her and her family were mugged at gun point in London and that they needed me to send money. That right there is when I knew it couldn't be her. The person that hacked it picked the one friend of hers that is totally poor to ask for money, and I know she would never ask me for it! It was kind of funny and scary all at the same time. I called her and let her know that I was chatting with "her". I realize now that I should have gone with it and gotten them to give me the bank info to try and catch them. Oh well, next time.

Tiffany said...

Kelly ~ thats exactly what they did to me - the same story. I don't get it I mean really who falls for that crap?

I'm still pissed that someone hacked me and I'm being punished by not being let into my account - jerks.