Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The weekend from Hades Part I

This past weekend we dropped the dog with friends and headed to Alabama for a little house hunting fun. Well I'm not too sure about the fun part but we certainly had an interesting weekend. We had 19 houses on our "drive by" list when we left so fast forward 7 hours and one time zone we started our hunt. We did a 1 to 10 scale on the houses and just marked off anything that rated 5 or less - well lets just say that the market in Southern Alabama isn't rocking cause we were marking off way more than we weren't! We did end up calling the realtors on a couple to look at the insides (more to come on that later) and we were sorely disappointed. Some of these houses didn't even look ready to rent, sorta like the previous people just packed up and left that day! The realtors there apparently do not comprehend that people who work during the week would be wanting to look for houses on the weekends because they ALL close at noon on Sat and wouldn't even consider do anything on Sunday. So after the few rough looking houses we saw Sat morning DaddyZilla and I were about ready to cry because the options (in our price range) were dwindling fast. We did find one house Sunday that looked promising so we saw it Monday morning and ended up putting a deposit down on it - not a lease just a deposit. That seems odd to me that they wouldn't want us to sign a lease just yet - like maybe they are going to yank it from us if someone else came along. Oh well - I don't have a picture of it because I think Zilla deleted it off my camera and the people took it off their website in less than an hour! Part II of our weekend from Hades will include the realtor issues we faced...soon enough!

1 comment:

~pen~ said...

I feel for you love. Then again it is Bama :) Can't wait to hear all the nitty gritty of the realtor. I have some fantastic(NOT) stories of my own..

Have a great day.