Sunday, April 20, 2008

Food for Thought

Today I was watching Joel Osteen (Preacher at Lakewood Church in Texas) and his message today was very good. I always enjoy listening to him - he's not all hell and damnation and I like that. His messages are always positive and make you feel better when you leave.

What I really liked today was that he said: "Things don't happen TO you, they happen FOR you"

It's simple and yet profound. It just really says that when your going through things that you have to remember that everything happens for a reason even if you are in the dark about the reason. I've always tried to remember when I was having a bad time that God has a reason for the things that happen so this is just a lovely way of saying that. Like right now my hubby is deployed to Iraq and well it's certainly not easy with him gone and a toddler but I know that this life I've chosen is making me a better person, wife and mother. So anyway I just thought I would share that.

No comments: