Thursday, April 3, 2008

My horrible night lives on

Last night was a normal night except that my super tired toddler stayed up forever yelling and just trying to keep himself awake. No biggie eventually he fell asleep so I laid down a little before 11pm looking forward to my measly 7 hours of sleep. HAHA cause that didn't last long! About 11:15 - 11:30 my darling sweet angel of a son proceeded to start on toddler screaming 101. He continued this experiment in hell for a while when I decided to go in, comfort him and turn his music back on, obviously trying to get him back to sleep. HAHA again cause he had ZERO intentions of going back to sleep anytime soon. He was flipping up crying and carrying on until friggin 2am!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm all about letting him cry it out but it's not like I can totally ignore him. No real mom can listen to the sweet thing she sprung from her uterus crying and actually get sleep - not gonna happen so we were both up and I can safely say that neither of us was happy. We finally got to sleep after much praying on my part that we could just get some rest.

Well I guess I should have been a little more specific in those rest prayers because my darling offspring woke up for the day at 6:20am. I guess toddlers must not need nearly as much sleep as an overstressed mommy. Oh well not much I can do about it so look out day here I come - with coffee in hand DUH.

UPDATE: The rest of the day was okay - we had playgroup at the mall and wyatt was a terror because he was tired - gee I wonder why! Overall the day wasn't too bad after nap time anyway!

1 comment:

Katie said...

so, how did the rest of the day go?? that sounds like a hellish night. maybe you should get some earplugs :)